The National Bolshevik Party stands for a fundamental transformation of the economy, focusing on eliminating inefficiencies. Only a global transformation from the status quo to the end of suffering will provide the conditions for international peace, justice, and economic cooperation based on the large-scale transfer of resources and technology from the developed to the developing countries.
- We encourage the creation of worker and community owned corporations within the framework of a decentralized and democratically determined economy.
- We call for a minimum wage of $15 per hour, indexed to the cost of living.
- We support the provision of a livable guaranteed annual income.
- We encourage the creation of community owned and operated financial and insurance institutions, which should include credit unions, mutual insurance cooperatives, and cooperative banks.
- We oppose regressive taxes such as payroll tax, sales tax, and property taxes.
- We call for compensation to communities– and compensation, re-training, and other support service for workers– affected by plant and military base closings.
- We oppose the International Monetary Fund, the World Bank, and the World Trade Organization.
- We call for increased and expanded welfare assistance and increased and expanded unemployment compensation at 100% of a worker’s previous income or the minimum wage, whichever is higher, for the full period of unemployment or re-training, whichever is longer.
- We support tax benefits for renters equal to those for homeowners.
- We call for the elimination of subsidies and tax breaks that benefit corporations and all other forms of corporate welfare.
The National Bolshevik Party stands for the right of workers to freely organize a democratic organization and for national solidarity among working people based on common opposition to the status quo. We believe that the international organization of labor is the only way of combating the status quo.
- We support the right of any number of interested workers in a workplace to form a union with no limits on the subjects upon which employees and unions may bargain with employers.
- We support the right of public sector workers to strike.
- We call for the democratic control of all unions by their membership, and independent of employer domination and influence.
- We support the right of all workers to engage in collective action and self-representation regardless of union status.
- We support militant, united labor action including hot cargo agreements, and boycotts, factory committees, secondary and sympathy strikes, sit-down strikes, general strikes, and ultimately the expropriation of workplaces.
- We call for the same benefits for part-time workers as for full-time workers.
- We call for increased health and safety regulation of business, and for increasing the size and enforcement power of the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA).
- We support the creation of a fund for workers which would pay a worker’s full wages and health insurance as well as necessary educational and/or retraining costs if that worker loses a job due to environmental transition, down-sizing, corporate dismantlement, or capital flight.
- We call for unions to stop using union funds for electing candidates from the Democratic and Republican parties.